This festive season there’s a party right at your fingertips
Sometimes it’s hard to party, verb. Sometimes the weight of having to enjoy oneself in a room of virtual strangers, especially at this time of year when darkness falls at four, is just too much. Which is where the party nail comes in. Here is your chance to enjoy a disco from the safety of your sofa, wearing pyjamas and big socks, but having painted your nails a glittering rainbow of marvellous colours. You’ll catch a glimpse of them in the light of the telly, and smile.
1. Wondercolour Nail Polish in Ravy Blue £14, beautypie.com
2. Autograph All in One in Glacier £6, marksandspencer.com
3. Ciaté Gelology in Tempest £12, ciatelondon.com
4. Nars Arabesque £15, johnlewis.com
5. Christian Louboutin Goldomania £38, selfridges.com
6. YSL La Laque Couture £20, houseoffraser.co.uk
7. Nailberry Lacquer in Glamazon £14.50, nailberry.co.uk
8. Barry M Molten Metals in Celestial Silver £3, asos.com
9. OPI Dreams on a Silver Platter £13.50, opiuk.com
10. Topshop Effect in Dynasty £7, topshop.com
Intelligence agency Mintel has announced the leading beauty trend for 2019 will be ‘Sub-Zero Waste’. Meaning consumers will demand that brands be more environmentally responsible and take accountability for their actions. Could this be the end of unnecessary beauty packaging?
Lips in sync
Zara is launching its first makeup collection – 12 velvetty matte lipsticks, eight liquid lipsticks, and (perfect for Christmas) a limited-edition lip kit, in shades used by Pat McGrath in its dramatic ad campaign (zara.com).
Feed your skin
Since launching it in 1926, Weleda sells a tube of Skin Food every 23 seconds. If you’re a fan, check out its new Skin Food Light (good for oilier skin) and the Skin Food lip balm, which smells of rosemary (weleda.co.uk).